- Acta Semiotica Fennica (1992-2007) – Launched in collaboration with the Semiotic Society of Finland, this series includes congress reports, monographs, and anthologies that reflect recent achievements of semiotic research in Finland and throughout the world.
- AdVersuS: Revista de Semiótica (1990- ) – An online, open-access journal made available by the Centro di Ricerca Semiotica (CRS) of the Istituto Italo-argentino di Ricerca Sociale (IIRS) to disseminate research in theoretical and applied semiotics, especially related to European and American socio-cultural reality.
- Almen Semiotik (1990- ) – A periodical issued through Aarhus University Press featuring Danish and international semiotics research.
- Applied Semiotics /Semiotique Appliquée (1996-2010) – An academic journal devoted to literary semiotic research published at the Department of French Studies of the University of Toronto.
- Approaches to Semiotics (1969-1997) – A book series by De Gruyter Mouton that, according to one of its editors, Thomas Sebeok, was intended to publish works too large for inclusion in the journal Semiotica.
- American Journal of Semiotics, The – A peer-reviewed research publication of the Semiotic Society of America with an interdisciplinary focus on the general subject of signs and sign systems; publishes topical articles, response articles or comments and critical reviews, and also provides a venue for unusually long manuscripts.
- Berkeley Insights in Linguistics and Semiotics – A Peter Lang book series that aims to publish groundbreaking scholarly research dealing with language and the multiple paradigms through which it is studied, and to bridge the study of the sciences with that of the humanities.
- Biosemiotics (2008- ) – A peer-reviewed journal covering a range of disciplines bridging biology, philosophy, linguistics, and the communication sciences.
- Bloomsbury Advances in Semiotics (2012- ) – Formerly Continuum Advances in Semiotics, this series includes works that apply semiotic approaches to linguistics and non-verbal productions, social institutions and discourses, embodied cognition and communication, and the new virtual realities that have been ushered in by the internet; approaches include socio-semiotics, evolutionary semiotics, game theory, cultural and literary studies, and human-computer interaction.
- Carte Semiotiche: Rivista internazionale di semiotica e teoria dell’immagine (1984- ) – An Italian journal focused on textual semiotics within a structuralist perspective.
- Chinese Semiotic Studies (2009- ) – An English-language academic journal sponsored by the International Semiotic Research Institute of Nanjing Normal University and the Chinese Semiotic Research Center of the Chinese Association of Linguistic Semiotics; publishes articles on all branches of semiotics.
- Cognitive Semiotics – A peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary journal devoted to research integrating perspectives, methods, and insight from cognitive science, cognitive linguistics, and semiotics, thus placing meaning-making into the broader context of cognitive, social, and neurobiological processes.
- Cybernetics and Human Knowing (1992- ) – A quarterly international transdisciplinary journal focusing on second-order cybernetics and cybersemiotic approaches.
- Cygne Noir: Revue d’exploration sémiotique (2013- ) – A French-language open-access online semiotics journal born from the initiative of students in the doctoral program in semiotics at the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). The journal publishes submissions from scholars worldwide.
- deSignis (1999- ) – The journal of the Federación Latinoamericana de Semiótica, which publishes and promotes semiotics research and colloquia in Latin America.
- De Signos y Sentidos (2004- ) – A journal focused on semiotics and discourse analysis in the domains of art, humanities and social sciences published annually through the Centro de Estudios de los Discursos Sociales (CEDIS) of the Universidad Nacional del Litoral in Argentina.
- Discurso: Revista Internacional de Semiótica y Teoria Literaria (1987-2007) – A journal published by the Asociación Andaluza de Semiótica that features semiotics studies in the social sciences and humanities, with a special focus on literary theory.
E | C – A peer-reviewed online journal of the Associazione Italiana Studi Semiotici.
- International Journal for the Semiotics of Law (1987- ) – A journal focused on legal semiotics or analyses of the law that apply or engage with semiotics, rhetoric, history of political and legal discourses, philosophy of language, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, deconstruction, and visual semiotics.
- International Journal of Applied Semiotics (1995-2007) – A forum for research and discussion on the applications of semiotic theory to education, clinical practices, learning, and other areas of social concern, as well as original work in semiotic theory and practice.
- International Journal of Marketing Semiotics – An open source journal that aims to present state-of-the-art academic research in the field of marketing semiotics by enhancing the relevance of semiotic theories and methodologies across the entire marketing mix, with a dual orientation towards furthering existing theory and safeguarding managerial saliency.
- International Journal of Signs and Semiotic Systems (2011- ) – A journal that publishes original research on the design, analysis and synthesis of semiotic processes in biological and artificial systems, exploring recent developments in neurocognitive science, cognitive ethology, second-order cybernetics, cognitive semantics, pragmatic linguistics, theoretical semiotics, biosemiotics and evolutionary biology.
- Kodicas/Code: Ars Semeiotica – An English-, French-, and German-language interdisciplinary journal with primary focus on semiotic subjects within the framework of sociohistorical processes.
Lexia – An international semiotics journal published through CIRCe (Centro Interdipartimentale di Ricerche sulla Comunicazione) at the Università di Torino.
- Macmillan Semiotics and Popular Culture Series – Publishes books in the field of semiotics.
Public Journal of Semiotics, The (2007 – ) – A free online journal established by Paul Bouissac at the University of Toronto.
- Recherches sémiotiques / Semiotic Inquiry (1981-2009) – A peer-reviewed French- and English-language journal published through the Canadian Semiotic Association.
- Significação: Revista Brasileira de Semiótica (1973- ) – A semiotics journal focused on research in communication, language sciences, arts, culture and media.
- Semen: Revue de sémio-linguistique des textes et discours (1983- ) – A semiotics journal focused on the human, social, and information/communication sciences.
- Semiotica (1969 – ) – The journal of the International Association for Semiotic Studies; features articles reporting research in all branches of semiotic studies and in-depth reviews of current literature in the field.
- Semiotic Review (2013 – ) – Formerly The Semiotic Review of Books (1990-2012), the Semiotic Review is a multidisciplinary open-access online peer-reviewed journal publishing review articles as well as original essays. It endeavours to monitor those domains in the Humanities, the Social and the Natural Sciences which bear upon symbolic and communicative behaviour, cognitive systems and processes, cultural transmission and innovations, and the study of information, meaning and signification in all forms.
- Semiotic Scene (1977-1981) – The first journal of the Semiotic Society of America; was succeeded by The American Journal of Semiotics.
- Signa: Revista de la Asociación Española de Semiótica (1982 – ) – A semiotics journal published through the Instituto de Semiótica Literaria of the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (Madrid).
- Signata: Annales des semiotiques | Annals of Semiotics – A semiotics journal published through the Université de Liège (Liège, Belgium).
Signs and Society (2013 – ) – A humanities and social sciences journal focusing on the study of sign process in the realms of social action, cognition, and cultural form; founded by the Semiosis Research Center at Hankuk University and the Department of Anthropology and Graduate Program in Global Studies at Brandeis University.
- Sign Systems Studies (1964- ) – The oldest international journal of semiotics, issued by University of Tartu Press; focuses on sign processes in culture and living nature.
- Southern Semiotic Review (2013- ) – Australian peer-reviewed journal of semiotics that publishes formal papers, commentaries and reviews of books, and information about relevant events, calls for papers, and courses.
- Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society (1965- ) – Peer-reviewed journal that specializes in the work of Charles S. Peirce as well as the broader history of American philosophy and covers all types of American thought from the colonial period until the recent past.
- Versus: Quaderni di Studi Semiotici (1971- ) – An international journal of theoretical and applied semiotics, philosophy and theory of language.
Visible (2005- ) – A journal on visual semiotics issued by Centre de Recherches Sémiotiques (CeReS) of the Université de Limoges.
- VISIO: Revue internationale de sémiotique visuelle (1996- ) – The journal of the International Association for Visual Semiotics (IAVS).
- Zeitschrift für Semiotik (1979- ) – Journal of the German Society for Semiotics (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Semiotik) in cooperation with the Austrian Society for Semiotics (Österreichischen Gesellschaft für Semiotik) and the Swiss Society for Semiotics (Schweizerischen Gesellschaft für Semiotik) (website in German).