Skip to content
- Aarhus University, Center for Semiotics (Denmark) – Master’s degree in cognitive semiotics; Supplementary Course in Cognitive Semiotics
- Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, Programa de Semiótica y Estudios de la Significación (Mexico) – Annual specialization course in semiotics through multi-campus program (with Université de Limoges, Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa, Escuela Nacional de Antropología e Historia, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, and Universidad Nacional de Jujuy) (website in Spanish).
- New Bulgarian University, South-East European Center for Semiotic Studies (Bulgaria) – Master’s degree programs in semiotics with the following specializations: “Advertising and Lifestyles”, “Semiotics: theory and practice”, “Gender Studies” and “Hebrew Studies”; international doctoral program in semiotics through SEMKNOW. (To access the correct page in English, click on the link provided > at the top right-hand corner of the page, click on the British flag icon > “Departments and Centers” > “South-East European Center for Semiotic Studies”.)
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, Programa de Estudos Pós-Graduados em Comunicação e Semiótica (Brazil) – Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in communication and semiotics (website in Portuguese).
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, Programa de Studio em Tecnologias da Inteligência e Design Digital (Brazil) – Master’s and Ph.D. degrees with a research track in Learning and Cognitive Semiotics (website in Portuguese).
- SEMKNOW (Finland, Estonia, Bulgaria, Italy) – Shared Ph.D. in semiotics program offered by affiliated universities: University of Lapland, University of Tartu, New Bulgarian University, and University of Torino.
- Tallinn University (Estonia) – Master’s degree in comparative literature and cultural semiotics.
- Università degli Studi di Urbino, Centro internazionale Scienze Semiotiche (Italy) – International Ph.D. in semiotics, with an adjunct optional master’s degree.
- Università della Svizzera italiana, Institute of Argumentation, Linguistics and Semiotics (IALS) (Switzerland) – Courses on verbal communication, semiotics, discourse and dialogue analysis, argumentation and rhetoric within an academic faculty that offers bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. degrees in communication sciences.
- Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) (Canada) – Ph.D. in semiotics.
- University of Bologna (Italy) – Laurea magistrale (master’s degree equivalent) in semiotics (taught in Italian).
- University of Bologna, Center for Interdisciplinary Research (Italy) – European Ph.D in semiotics through SEMKNOW (see above).
- University of Helsinki (Finland) – Master’s degree in semiotics.
University of Passau (Germany) – Master’s degree in semiotics of texts and culture.
- University of Tartu, Department of Semiotics (Estonia) – Bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in semiotics (taught in Estonian); Master’s and Ph.D. degrees (taught in English).
- University of Toronto Semiotics and Communication Studies Program (Canada) – Minor in semiotics through Victoria College.